GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY
Note: The following syllabus is common for all most all competitive exams in India. You need to prepare state syllabus (state economy, state History, state Geography) on your own.
- Events of national and international importance.
- Current affairs – National and International.
- Biology (Botany and Zoology)
- Physics and Chemistry
- Applications to the day to day life of Science and Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and information Technology.
- Ancient, Medieval and Modern India.
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and e-Governance initiatives.
- Indian Economy
- World Geography
- Geography of India.
- Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster.
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
- Data Analysis:
a) Tabulation of data
b) Visual representation of data
c) Basic data analysis (Summary Statistics such as mean, median, mode, variance and coefficient of variation) and Interpretation.
- Arithmetic & Pure Maths.
GENERAL ENGLISH – SSC Standard
- Usage and idioms
- Vocabulary and punctuation
- Logical re-arrangement of sentences
- Grammar, etc