1. 2nd Russia-India-China (RIC) Trilateral Summit was held in:
In Argentina, the 2nd Russia-India-China (RIC) Trilateral Summit was held in Buenos Aires after a gap of 12 years, on the sidelines of the G-20 summit
2. SHINYUU Maitri-18 is the name of bilateral air exercise between:
The first bilateral air exercise SHINYUU Maitri-18 between Japanese Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) and Indian Air Force (IAF) was held in Air Force Station Agra. The theme of this exercise is joint Mobility/Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) on Transport aircraft.
3. Recently UGC has directed Universities across the country to observe which of the following day as the Armed Forces Flag Day?
University Grants Commission (UGC) has directed varsities across the country to observe December 7 as the Armed Forces Flag Day. The commission has taken this decision to commemorate the "supreme sacrifices" made by the country's soldiers during conflicts. The Indian Armed Forces Flag Day is observed every year on December 7 since 1949 to honour the soldiers, airmen and sailors of the country.
4. Which of the following country is not a member in USMCA?
The United States has signed trade pact with Canada and Mexico to replace the 24-year-old North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) in Buenos Aires Legislators from the three countries still have to approve the pact, officially known as the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), before it goes into effect and replaces the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
5. In which of the following states, International Sand Art Festival was held?
International Sand Art Festival is a popular festival related to Sand Art and Tourism organized by Odisha Tourism at Konark, Odisha
6. 24th meeting of Conference of Parties (COP-24) to United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) was held in:
The 24th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change: COP24, also known as the Katowice Climate Change Conference, is a conference being held between 2 and 14 December 2018 in Katowice, Poland. The conference aims to finalise the practical implementation of the 2015 Paris Agreement, part of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. Indian delegation to this conference is led by Environment Minister, Dr Harsh Vardhan. India will be setting up pavilion to create awareness about India’s positive climate actions in various sectors of economy. The theme of Pavilion is ‘One World One Sun One Grid’ as highlighted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during first assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA) in October 2018. Note: Just prior to the conference the World Meteorological Organization released a report claiming that 2017 atmospheric carbon dioxide levels reached 405 parts per million (ppm), a level not seen in three to five million years
7. Which country has become the first country in the world to recognise orphanage trafficking as a form of modern-day slavery?
8. Who among the following was the head of panel to look at selling of OIL, ONGC fields to private companies?
The government has constituted a six-member committee to look at selling as many as 149 small and marginal oil and gas fields of state-owned ONGC and OIL to private and foreign companies to boost domestic output, sources said. The panel is headed by NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar The committee is a follow up of the October 12 meeting called by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to review domestic production profile of oil and gas and the roadmap for cutting import dependence by 10 per cent by 2022.
9. Who among the following is the first leader to lose Freedom of Paris award?
Aung San Suu Kyi, the Nobel peace laureate & Myanmar leader, will be stripped of Freedom of Paris award over her failure to speak out against a crackdown on Myanmar's Rohingya minority Suu Kyi has already been stripped of her honorary Canadian citizenship and her Amnesty International’s Ambassador of Conscience Award.
10. India’s first international indigenous film festival will be held in:
11. Recently which country has renewed a “permanent diplomatic presence” in Somalia?
12. India will host G-20 summit in:
Dor the first time, India will host the annual G20 summit in 2022, coinciding with the country's 75th anniversary of Independence. Prime minister Narendra Modi made the announcement at the closing ceremony of the 13th G20 summit in Buenos Aires. He thanked Italy for allowing India to play the host as previously, Italy was to host the international forum of the world's top 20 economies in 2022. Note: G20 members comprise Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, the European Union, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the UK, and the US.
13. Recently which of the following has unveiled US $200 billion in climate action investment for 2021 to 2025 to fight impact of climate change?
The World Bank (WB) has unveiled a $200 billion climate investment for 2021-2025, which would amount to doubling of its current five-year funding. The move, which WB claims to be coinciding with UN Climate Summit meeting of nearly 200 nations in Poland, signifies the importance of ramping up efforts to tackle climate change. The breakdown of the $200 billion would comprise "approximately $100 billion in direct finance from the World Bank". One-third of the remaining funding would come from two World Bank Group agencies with the rest being private capital that will be "mobilised by the World Bank Group". Note: Developed countries have pledged $100 billion through private and public participation in developing countries by 2020 to fight the impact of climate change