1. Greenhouse Gas Bulletin is released by:
The World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) is the weather agency of the United Nations, and publishes its Greenhouse Gas Bulletin each year As per recent report Concentrations of the carbon di oxide gas reached 405.5 parts per million in 2017, 146% of the pre-industrial era (before 1750). The increase in carbon dioxide from 2016 to 2017 was about the same as the average growth rate over the last decade. It was smaller than the record leap observed from 2015 to 2016 (from 401.1 ppm to 403.3 ppm) under the influence of a strong El Niño event; there was no El Niño in 2017. About World Meteorological Organisation: The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) is an intergovernmental organization with a membership of 191 Member States and Territories. he Organization is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
2. Green Growth Equity Fund is a joint fund between India and:
In 2017, India and the UK announced the launch of an Early Market Engagement for the joint UK-India Fund, namely a Green Growth Equity Fund which aims to leverage private sector investment from the City of London to invest in green infrastructure projects in India.
3. Which of the following organization had developed a new technology called technology, called 'Impact Based Forecasting Approach'?
A new technology has been developed by IMD to assess the rise of water level in rivers and reservoirs by rain and can help state governments to minutely monitor the impact of rainfall. The technology called the 'Impact Based Forecasting Approach' which shows "pre-event scenario" can help authorities in taking real-time decisions
4. Which of the following is not a part in Chandrayaan-2 mission?
Chandrayaan-2, India's second mission to the Moon is a totally indigenous mission comprising of an Orbiter, Lander and Rover. The mission will attempt to soft land a lander and rover in a high plain between two craters, Manzinus C and Simpelius N, at a latitude of about 70° south. If successful, Chandrayaan-2 will be the first-ever mission to land a rover near the lunar south pole
5. Recently Ease of Doing Business Grand Challenge to resolve how many identified ‘Ease of doing business’ problems?
Ease of Doing Business Grand Challenge was launched to resolve 7 identified ‘Ease of doing business’ problems with the use of cutting edge technologies.
6. Which of the following is associated with Permanent Structured Cooperation?
The Permanent Structured Cooperation (PESCO) is the part of the European Union's (EU) security and defence policy (CSDP) in which 25 of the 28 national armed forces pursue structural integration.
7. Who among the following has been appointed as the first 'Youth Advocate' of the northeastern region by the UNICEF?
Popular singer Nahid Afrin of Assam has been appointed as the first 'Youth Advocate' of the northeastern region by the UNICEF to fight for child rights. The UNICEF engages 'Youth Advocates' to harness their voice as agents of change in society.
8. Headquarters of Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) is located in:
APEC is a forum for 21 Pacific Rim member economies that promotes free trade throughout the Asia Pacific region. It is headquartered at Singapore. The recent Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit was held in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
9. The first-ever India Russia Strategic Economic Dialogue was held in:
10. e-Sahaj’ portal is launched by:
Union home ministry launched e-Sahaj’ portal for granting Security Clearance. The portal will facilitate an applicant to submit application online and also to view the status of his application from time to time. MHA is the nodal Ministry for security clearances in certain sensitive sectors before issue of licence/permit, permission, contract etc, to companies/ bidders/individuals by the administrative Ministry.
11. India Skills Report 2017 on employment scenario in the country has been launched by which of the following organisations?
12. In which of the following states ‘Aghanashini Lion Tailed Macaque Conservation Reserve’ is located?
13. International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is observed on:
International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women was observed on November 25, 2018. The 2018 theme of the day is Orange the World: #HearMeToo
14. Recently who among the following has become the highest run-scorer in the history of Ranji Trophy?
Wasim Jaffer has become the highest run-scorer in the history of Ranji Trophy after scoring 11,056 runs in the competition. He surpassed Amol Muzumdar. Jaffer, who plays for Vidarbha, achieved the feat in the third round of the 2018–19 Ranji Trophy against Baroda