1. In which of the following states India-based Neutrino observatory (INO) will setup?
Recently Centre gave its approval for building country’s first India-based Neutrino Observatory (INO) at Bodi West Hills in Theni district of Tamil Nadu. The clearance was given by the Union environment ministry’s Expert Appraisal Committee (EAC). The project will now be sent for an approval from Tamil Nadu government and National Board of Wildlife (NBWL), as Mathikettan Shola National Park in Kerala’s Idukki district is about 4.9km from the proposed site The project will study atmospheric neutrinos produced by cosmic rays in the earth’s atmosphere. Neutrinos are key to understanding the evolution of the universe and energy production in the sun and other stars
2. Which of the following states passed a bill proposing death penalty in rape of girls below 12 years?
3. Consider the following statements about Laqshya program:
4. Which of the following is not correctly matched?
5. Which of the following city will host 8th Theatre Olympics?
Jaipur is all set to be one of the co-hosts of the 8th Theatre Olympics, the largest international theatre festival to be held for the first time in India. The Jaipur chapter of Theatre Olympics2018 is organised by the National School of Drama (NSD) under the aegis of Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India in collaboration with Ravindra Manch Society and Art & Culture Department, Government of Rajasthan.
6. Consider the following statements about Energy Transition Index:
Energy Transition Index was released by World Economic Forum
7. Recently which country announced that it will withdraw from the International Criminal Court (ICC)?
The Philippines says it will withdraw from the International Criminal Court (ICC), a month after the judicial body started an inquiry into President Rodrigo Duterte's controversial war on drugs. Note: The Philippines is not the first country to quit the ICC. Burundi, Russia, South Africa and Gambia all moved to withdraw from the court.
8. As per recent report of India Bureau of mines which state is topped in terms of Iron ore production in India?
Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM) has estimated the iron ore production in the country in the current fiscal at about 210 million tonne, 9 per cent more than the previous fiscal. Last year, the country had produced 192 million tonne of iron ore. Odisha, which produced 102 million tonne iron ore, 53 per cent of the country's total iron ore output of 192 million tonne last year, is poised to retain the top slot this year as well.
9. Consider the following statements about 105th Indian Science Congress:
10. Who among the following chaired 1st Meeting Of The Working Group To Make India USD 5 Trillion Economy?
The 1st meeting of the Working Group on USD 5 Trillion Indian Economy was held in New Delhi chaired by Minister of Commerce and Industry (CIM) and was attended by Secretaries to the Government of India and representatives from NITI Aayog, CII, FICCI, NASSCOM, NCAER, Morgan Stanley, PwC, IIFT, IFC and FISME.
11. Recently Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence recommended to have how much fixed allocation of expenditure for the Defence Ministry?
Note: The recommendation of the Standing Committee for keeping a definite percent of GDP was referred to MoF for their consideration. The Finance Ministry has declined a recommendation from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence to have a fixed allocation of 3% of GDP for the Defence Ministry
12. Which city will host three-day annual Krishi Unnati Mela-2018?
The three-day annual Krishi Unnati Mela will begin in New Delhi with a focus on doubling the farmers' income. The objective of the fair is to create awareness among farmers about the latest agriculture-related technological developments.
13. Recently, The Payment of Gratuity (Amendment) Bill was passed in Lok sabha. In this context consider the following statements:
The bill seeks to make formal sector workers eligible for tax-free 20 lakh rupees gratuity up from the current ceiling of 10 lakh rupees at the time of leaving a job or superannuation.
14. Recently three new judges were appointed to the Calcutta high court. In this context consider following statements
The Calcutta High Court is the oldest High Court in India. It has jurisdiction over the state of West Bengal and the Union Territory of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Kerala high court has the jurisdiction over Lakshadweep islands
15. The Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances and Law and Justice headed by Bhupender Yadav recommends strength of women judges be raised to be raise to:
A Parliamentary Panel has recommended that a quota be introduced for women in Law Universities and subordinate judiciary, noting that the overall representation of women in the judiciary is a “cause of concern” in the country. In its 96th report on Demands for Grants (2018-19), the Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances and Law and Justice headed by Mr. Bhupender Yadav has further reiterated that the strength of women Judges in the country should be increased increased to 50 percent of the total strength.... The Committee underlines that in States, such as Bihar, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Telangana, Assam, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand have introduced up to 35 percent reservations for women in the subordinate judiciary.
Share your Results: