1. Noney Bridge is located in:
Noney Bridge is going to be constructed by the Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) across the river Ijai in the state of Manipur. It is set to get the World's tallest railway bridge and it is expected to be over 142 meters tall. Mala-Rijeka Viaduct Bridge (139 meters) in Europe currently holds the tallest railway bridge record.
2. Which of the following is not correct with respect to PMFBY?
3. Which article of the constitution states that the State will take into consideration the claims of SCs/STs in making appointments to services and posts?
4. Regulatory Indicators for Sustainable Energy (RISE) report is published by:
World Bank has released its report Regulatory Indicators for Sustainable Energy (RISE) 2018, charting global progress on sustainable energy policies. The report was released on the sidelines of the 24th Conference of the Parties to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP24). It rates 133 countries on electricity access, renewable energy, energy efficiency and access to clean cooking
5. Headquarters of Gulf Cooperation Council is located in:
Gulf Cooperation Council is a regional political and economic alliance of six Gulf States. It is headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates are the member countries. Note: 39th GCC summit was recently held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
6. Recently which country signed an ascension pact to the 30-member Trans Regional Maritime Network (T-RMN)?
India signed an ascension pact to the 30-member Trans Regional Maritime Network that will give it an access to the information on ships passing through the Indian Ocean Region. India already has bilateral White Shipping Agreements with 36 countries The pact will give India the access to information on ships which pass through the Indian Ocean region that will greatly help the security forces in keeping a tab on any suspicious activity
7. Which of the following is not correct with respect to Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration?
The Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration has been formally adopted by UN member states at a conference in Marrakesh, Morocco. It is the first intergovernmental negotiated agreement under the auspices of UN to cover all dimensions of migration. It is a non-binding political accord on member countries. It aims to protect the human rights of migrants, help them resettle and ensure they have access to education. The agreement was signed in the UNGA by adopting a political declaration “New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants” in 2016.
8. Recently which atomic power station has created a world record for the longest uninterrupted operation for 941 days?
The indigenously developed Kaiga Atomic Power Station (KAPS) will set a new world record on December 10, with one of its units operating uninterrupted for more than 940 days. The reactor will set the record among all kinds of nuclear power-generating units, including advanced gas-based reactors (AGR) in the world. The record was earlier held by Unit 2 of Heysham of the United Kingdom, which operated non-stop for 940 days.
9. The first International conference on sustainable water management was held in:
10. Which of the following is not correct with respect to Ayushman Bharat?
The scheme has the benefit cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year.
11. Lingayatism is a Shaivite Hindu religious tradition founded by:
Lingayats are distinct Shaivite religious tradition founded by Basaveshwara, a 12th-century social reformer, Kannada poet, and philosopher. They are strict monotheists and instruct the worship of only one God, namely, Linga (Shiva). Recently Central Government has rejected the Karnataka Government’s proposal seeking a separate minority religion status for the Lingayat community.
12. International Universal Health Coverage Day (UHCD) is observed every year on:
International Universal Health Coverage Day (UHCD) is observed every year on December 12. The theme for the 2018 UHC Day is- "Unite for Universal Health Coverage: Now is the Time for Collective Action".
13. Recently Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare has recently launched a portal “Ensure” to connect with Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). The portal is developed by:
Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare has recently launched a portal “Ensure” to connect with Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). It is developed by NABARD and operated under the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries.