1. Jnanpith award for the year 2018 has been awarded to:
Amitav Ghosh, writer of novels like The Shadow Lines and Sea of Poppies (The Ibis trilogy), has been given the 54th Jnanpith Award. Previously, he has been a recipient of the Sahitya Akademi Award, and his books Sea of Poppies and River of Smoke were also shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize in the years 2008 and 2012 respectively. About Jnanpith Award: Jnanpith Award is an Indian literary award presented annually by the Bharatiya Jnanpith to an author for their "outstanding contribution towards literature". Instituted in 1961, the award is bestowed only on Indian writers writing in Indian languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution of India and English, with no posthumous conferral. Famous Malayalam writer G.S. Kurup was first winner of Jnanpith award
2. The government will set up a National Medical Devices Promotion Council (NMDPC) under:
To give a fillip to the medical device sector, which is a sunrise sector, Union Minister of Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, announced setting up of a National Medical Devices Promotion Council under the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) in the Ministry of Commerce & Industry. The Council will be headed by Secretary, DIPP. Apart from the concerned departments of Government of India, it will also have representatives from health care industry and quality control institutions. Andhra Pradesh MedTech Zone, Visakhapatnam, will provide technical support to the Council.
3. Which state has been selected for "Krishi Karman" award in the rice category from the Union Ministry of Agriculture?
Jharkhand has been selected for "Krishi Karman" award in the rice category from the Union Ministry of Agriculture. The award will be given away in February 2019. It carries a cash prize worth Rs 2 crore and a citation.
4. Recently there is news regarding Umroi airport. The airport is located in:
Recently Supreme Court stayed the Meghalaya High Court order that had directed commercial airlines like Indigo and Spicejet to immediately begin flight operations from Umroi airport in the northeast state.
5. Sabang port is located in:
6. Nagoya Protocol is related to:
7. Who among the following has become the first IAS officer from J&K cadre to join any constitutional body?
Bharat Bhushan Vyas has joined as a member of the Union Public Service Commission. He is the first IAS officer from the J&K cadre to become the member of the constitutional body.
8. As per recent report of Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), how many Indian Public Sector Undertakings are present among world’s top 100 arms producers?
For the first time, four Indian arms manufacturing companies – all public sector units, including two from Bengaluru have found a place in the list of world's top 100 arms manufactures a report from a Stockholm-based institute that tracks arms trade These companies are as follows: 1. Indian Ordnance Factories (37th Rank) 2. Hindustan Aeronautics (38th Rank) 3. Bharat Electronics (64th Rank) 4. Bharat Dynamics (64th Rank) Bharat Dynamics (94th rank)
9. Which film selected as best film in International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK)?
Iranian movie 'Dark Room', which revolves around the efforts of the parents of a boy to identify the abusers of their child, bagged the 'Suvarna Chakoram' (The Golden Crow Pheasant) award in the 23rd edition of the International Film Festival of Kerala. • Malayalam Director Lijo Jose Pellissery has been awarded the 'Rajatha Chakoram' (The Silver Crow Pheasant), for the best director for his movie 'Ee.Ma.Yau'. • The Silver Crow Pheasant award for the best debutdirector went to Anamika Haksar for the movie 'Taking the horse to eat jalebis.'
10. Who among the following nominated as new president of FTII?
Information and Broadcasting Ministry nominated Brijendra Pal Singh as the new president of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) Society and Chairman of Governing Council