1. International Human Rights Day (IHRD) is observed every year on:
The International Human Rights Day (IHRD) is observed every year on December 10 to commemorate the day when the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) at the Palais de Chaillot in Paris in 1948. The 2018 theme is ‘Stand up for the human rights’.
2. What is the rank of India in 2019 Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI)?
India has been ranked 11th out 56 nations & the European Union (EU) at the 2019 Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI). The top three ranks have not been acquired by any country because none does well in all categories assessed. But, Sweden has acquired 4th spot, while Morocco spotted at 5th place The report was published by Germanwatch.
3. Which ministry has launched a new portal called ‘ENSURE’?
The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Radha Mohan Singh, has launched a new portal called ‘ENSURE’. The portal is developed by NABARD and operated under the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries. The portal aims at making readily available the beneficiary-related information and processing of applications.
4. Who among the following has been named Time magazine's "Person of the Year"?
Saudi Arabian journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who was murdered in October 2018 at his country's embassy in Istanbul, has been named Time magazine's "Person of the Year"
5. Recently which of the following startup has been honored by UN?
Uttar Pradesh-based ‘HelpUsGreen’ which works to clean up the mighty river Ganga by recycling thousands of tonnes of floral waste from temples has been honoured by the UN
6. Who among the following has been appointed as SWIFT India Chairman?
Arundhati Bhattacharya, former chairman of State Bank of India (SBI) has been appointed as SWIFT India Chairman
7. Who among the following has been selected for the Best Woman Parliamentarian (Rajya Sabha) set up by Lokmat newspaper for 2018?
DMK MP Kanimozhi has been selected for the Best Woman Parliamentarian (Rajya Sabha) set up by Lokmatnewspaper for 2018 A jury of eminent personalities headed by Murali Manohar Joshi selected her for the award and it will be presented to her by Vice-President M. Venkaiah Naidu
8. Recently 4th Partners’ Forum 2018 was held in New Delhi. It is related to:
Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the fourth Partners’ Forum today at New Delhi. It aims at sustaining global momentum for issues related to health of women, children and adolescents
9. In which of the following state Indian Air Force (IAF) has successfully conducted its first-of-its-kind exercise code-named CROSS BOW-18?
The 11-day Combined Guided Weapon Firing exercise named ‘CROSSBOW-18’ under the aegis of Southern Air Command concluded at Suryalanka in Guntur district
10. Recently which country has become a full member of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF)?
Israel became a full member of the Financial Action Task Force, an international body set up to combat money laundering, terrorist financing and other threats to the international financial system. The Jewish state has now taken its place alongside 37 other members — including most of the G20, the world’s 20 leading industrialized and emerging economies
11. Who among the following is the first female Divyang to climb Mount Everest?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi handed over the tricolour flag to Arunima Sinha, marking the beginning of her expedition to Mount Vinson, Antarctica. Note: Arunima Sinha is the first female Divyang to climb Mount Everest. She called on the Prime Minister at New Delhi, and apprised him of her upcoming mountaineering expedition to Antarctica.
12. International Mountain Day (IMD) is observed every year on:
International Mountain Day (IMD) is observed every year on December 11. 2018 theme is “#MountainsMatter”
13. In which of the following states Behdienkhlam festival is celebrated?
14. Who among the following has become the first-ever Indian athlete to won the ITTF Breakthrough Star award?
Manika Batra won the 'Breakthrough Table Tennis Star' award at the prestigious International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) Star Awards in Incheon, South Korea
15. Who has become the first-ever recipient of the WTA Coach of the Year award?
Sascha Bajin was chosen as the first winner of the WTA Coach of the Year award after helping Naomi Osaka to her US Open title.