1. Till now how many RBI governors resigned before the end of their tenures?
Urjit Patel now quitting as RBI chief, it will be the fourth time in the history of the central bank that a governor has officially resigned, with the earlier exits both happening before 1960. The last time an Indian central bank governor officially quit before the end of his tenure was when Sir Benegal Rama Rau, the fourth RBI boss, resigned in protest due to “differences with the finance minister” Before Rau, the first RBI governor to resign was Sir Osborne Smith, the first-ever boss of the central bank Other RBI Governor is Jagannathan who left the RBI a month before his tenure was supposed to end to take up a posting in the IMF.
2. International anti-corruption day is observed every year on:
International Anti-Corruption Day has been observed annually, on 9 December, since the passage of the United Nations Convention Against Corruption on 31 October 2003 to raise public awareness for anti-corruption.
3. The tenth edition of INDRA NAVY maritime exercise between India and Russia will be held in:
Russian Federation Navy (RuFN) ships Varyag, Admiral Panteleyev and Boris Butoma arrived at Visakhapatnam to participate in INDRA NAVY, the bilateral maritime exercise with Indian Navy. During exercise INDRA NAVY-18, the Indian Navy would be represented by INS Ranvir, a guided missile destroyer, INS Satpura, an indigenous frigate, INS Kadmatt, an indigenous anti-submarine warfare corvette, IN Ships Kuthar and Khanjar both indigenous missile corvettes and INS Jyoti, a fleet tanker. In addition, one Sindhughosh class submarine, Dornier maritime patrol aircraft, Hawk fighter aircraft and other integral rotary wing helicopters would be taking part in the exercise.
4. Which of the following launched Global Counter-Terrorism Coordination Compact?
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has launched a new framework called the UN Global Counter-Terrorism Coordination Compact. The aim is to combat international terrorism. The UN Global Counter-Terrorism Coordination Compact Task Force will replace the Counter-Terrorism Implementation Task Force, which was set up in 2005.
5. Who among the following won ‘Glinka World Soil Prize 2018’?
Rattan Lal, a distinguished university professor of soil science at the Ohio State University, has won the Glinka World Soil Prize 2018 in a ceremony at the Rome headquarters of the UN's Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) for his outstanding contribution to sustainable soil management. Lal, the President of the International Union of Soil Science (IUSS), was recognised on World Soil Day for his outstanding contribution to sustainable soil management and the protection of soil resources. Glinka World Soil Prize: The Glinka World Soil Prize, named after the pioneering Russian scientist Konstantin D. Glinka, is considered the highest honour in the soil science profession.
6. 2nd edition of Military Literature Festival (MLF) 2018 was held in:
7. According to World Bank’s Migration and Development, which country is the world’s top recipient of remittances in 2018?
India will retain its position as the world’s top recipient of remittances this year with its diaspora sending $80 billion back home. India is followed by China ($67 billion), Mexico and the Philippines ($34 billion each) and Egypt ($26 billion)
8. Who among the following won 2018 Mister Supranational title?
Prathamesh Maulingkar from India was adjudged Mister Supranational 2018 during the third edition of the pageant that took place in Krynica-Zdrój, Poland.
9. In which state Kannur international Airport (KIAL) is located?
The Kannur international Airport (KIAL) in Kerala has been inaugurated. Its opening makes Kerala the only state in the country with four international airports. The first flight from the airport, one to Abu Dhabi, was flagged off marking its opening.
10. Who among the following has been awarded the DBT Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award (IYBA) 2018?
Dr. Rajanish Giri, an assistant professor at IIT Mandi, has been awarded the DBT Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award (IYBA) 2018. Dr. Giri is selected for his proposed innovative idea on Zika virus Capsid Folding and inhibitor discovery. He was selected by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) of Ministry of Science and Technology.
11. Recently SEBI has renamed the Institutional Trading Platform (ITP) as:
SEBI has renamed the Institutional Trading Platform (ITP). The new name given is Innovators Growth Platform (IGP). This is part of the SEBI’s relaxations for start-ups in sectors like e-commerce, data analytics and bio-technology. The aim is to raise funds and list such start-ups on stock exchanges.
12. Which of the following has won the DSCI Excellence Award 2018 for cyber security education?
IIT Kharagpur has won the DSCI Excellence Award 2018 for cyber security education by Data Security Council of India (DSCI)
13. The second-largest Ebola outbreak in history has spread to Butembo. Butembo is the city in:
The second-largest Ebola outbreak in history has spread to Butembo, a major city in eastern Congo. The city has more than one million residents and is reporting cases of the lethal hemorrhagic fever.
14. Who among the following appointed as New Governor of RBI?
Please select 2 correct answers
Former finance secretary Shaktikanta Das has been appointed the new governor of Reserve Bank of India
15. In which of the following sports Shubhankar Sharma is associated?
Shubhankar Sharma has become the fifth and the youngest Indian golfer to clinch the Asian Tour Order of Merit